Finding a refreshing drink for these upcoming warm months is always a nice thing to add to our on-going menu. This Strawberry Basil Lemonade Punch is an HML Favorite that will make all your guests come back wanting more.
- 10 lemons, juiced, about 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar ( the finer the better)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 10-12 strawberries, Cut off tops
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup tequila or vodka (optional)
- Take the lemons, juice them and transfer into a blender.(*If rushed for time, buy a premade Lemonade or Frozen lemonade)***. If using Frozen Lemonade let sit for about 10-20 minutes at room temperature & you will not need any ice to serve.( More of a slushy; just as tasty).
- Then add the sugar and water, using the blending on a low setting to combine and dissolve the sugar.
- Add the strawberries and basil.
- Blend the mixture for about 20 seconds just until the mixture turns pink and the basil is finely chopped.
- Pour into the desired pitcher or serving container; Garnish with fresh strawberries & basil.
- Add alcohol if desired. Serve over crushed ice and enjoy!
Photos by Marta Villalba Photography