With Cinco de Mayo around the corner, spring somewhat here & just getting ready for the full blown heat of summer, add this recipe to your repertoire . Haute Mom Living’s motto is, “Living made simple, beautiful & haute”, and this is all of those , well we like it HOT!
- Makes 2 cups
- PREP & MAKE TIME
- 15 minutes
- 3/4 pound tomatoes (about 2 medium), seeded and finely diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion ( you can cheat & buy it pre-cut at the store)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, or more to taste ( I used 1.5 tbsp of fresh lime juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt, or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Want to make it “HAUTE” aka HOT:
- 1 small fresh jalapeño or serrano chile, finely chopped, including seeds, or more to taste
The fresher the ingredients the better!
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, seasoning to taste with additional chile, lime juice, and/or salt.
- This salsa will only keep in the fridge for one day. It is best to prepare & serve on the same day, but remember that before you serve it, stir it well.