Bring a deliciously easy recipe into your home any night of the week with less then 10 minutes prep time. This delicious Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken is a sweet & tangy melt in your mouth recipe that when grilled is absolute perfection! Add this to any outdoor event of yours and your guests will leave wanting more!
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
FOR THE PINEAPPLE
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 to 10 wedges
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, pineapple juice, ginger, sesame oil and Sriracha(OPTIONAL). Save 1/4 cup and set aside for later on to marinade while cooking the meat.
- In a large bowl or gallon size Ziploc bag, combine soy sauce mixture and chicken; marinate for at least 60 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- In another gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine pineapple and brown sugar.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add chicken and pineapple to grill and cook, flipping once and basting chicken with reserved 1/4 cup marinade until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if desired.