May is here & Cinco de Mayo( 5th of May) is right around the corner, whether you like it or not! I personally feel any reason to host a “fiesta” is good enough reason for me, so let’s get to planning. I have broken it down into FIVE simple steps to throwing a fun, festive, Cinco de Mayo fiesta! Everything here is easy, can be done at home and easily done to fit any budget.
HML’s 5 tips for a simply, beautiful & haute Cinco de Mayo are as follows:
- Self-serve Taco & Margarita Bars. ( Click here on how to Host a Simple Taco Bar & here for HML Margarita Bar).
- Floreale Bowls from Sur La Table
- Floreale Melamine Serving Tray
- Classic Beverage Jar; 2 Gallon
- Sur La Table Willow Beverage Jar Stand
2. Decor- Keep it simple, beautiful & haute.
I chose to go with brightly colored balloons, sombreros & payed super close to attention to the the small details. From the little umbrellas on the Margherita Bar, to gorgeous florals I created myself just by putting roses & hydrangea’s together in a simple round 12″ by 8″ vase. The Margarita Bar & Taco Bar signs make it more elegant, but my favorite detail is the balloon garland by PJB Creations. When collaborating with them, I wanted lots of color to tie it all together, but more so to add that fun “party” element that only happens for special occasions. Knowing that not everyone has this at their fingertips, replacing the balloon garland with 3-5 multi colored balloon bouquet, easily done on your own, will take your fiesta to the next level. ( Never mind that the kids LOVE it.)
3. Fun and brightly colored tablescape.
This tablescape is a beautiful mix of elegant & bold all in one, perfect for an outdoor Cinco de Mayo Fiesta. Between the bold colors and pretty patterns who wouldn’t wantto eat a delicious meal at this table. (Click below for links to all items on the tablescape).
- Floreale 12-Piece Melamine Dinner Set with 4 Bonus Appetizer Plates
- Acrylic Outdoor Stemless Wine Glasses ( Set of 4)
- Floreale Table Runner 108″ x 16″
4. Homemade mosquito repellent Candles ( Check out Haute Mom Living’s DIY Mosquito Repellent Mason Jar Candles by clicking here).
This is a must make item this summer, starting with your fabulous Cinco De Mayo fiestas. Who wants to be bit by those pesky mosquitos?!? NOT ME!!!!
5. End the Fiesta on a sweet note with this delicious Key Lime Pie. (For Recipe click here.)
Keeping things simple, yet beautiful & haute is my life motto & this Cinco de Mayo Fiesta is NO EXCEPTION. Each of these items can stand alone and create a beautiful occasion, but when put all together these 5 simple steps will make your event even that much MORE special! Salutations!
Photos by Marta Villalba Photography