When the summer heat starts coming full on, it’s time for those refreshing foods to come out. Top of the HML list is Mango, aka fruit of the gods. This simple 10 minute recipe is a last minute crowd pleaser that is sure to be a hit during your BBQ season.
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 4-5 Fresh Medium Mangos- washed, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice ( If prepping at the last minute the store bought will do JUST fine!)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes ( I suggest letting your guest put these on, I did not add to mine)
- 2 1/2 tbsp FRESh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped shallots
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Placed mango cubes in a 1 gallon zip lock back. In a separate bowl whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, stirring in the fresh cilantro and shallots, along with the salt & pepper as you mix.
- Pour the new mixture in the zip lock bag and have a little one help you shake to coat the mango cubes. Place the mango in a serving dish, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 15 minutes, not longer then 30, this helps blend the flavors together before sharing with your guests.
Pairs nicely with Teriyaki Turkey Burgers.
Photos by Marta Villalba Photography