Football season is here and that means lots of time either watching a football game, watching someone else enjoy a football or just finding some delicious new recipes that come from watching football. This Slow Cooker Short Rib/London Broil Slider Recipe is a go-to recipe because 1) who doesn’t love anything slow cooker AND 2) whether you are sitting, standing or moving around this is an easy food that everyone will love.
Short Rib/London Broil Sliders
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
- Serving: 3-6 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound Boneless Short Rib ( Roughly 3 pieces)
- 1.5 pounds London broil seasoned on all sides with salt and pepper.
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks (halved)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups beef broth
- 36 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- black pepper
- Your choice sandwich bread ; I LOVE Challah style
- First heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the short ribs, London broil and let them cook until they are nicely browned on one side. Flip them over and brown them on the other side. Remove them from the pan and set aside. Add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to the pan. Cook all of the veggies until softened.
- Transfer all of the veggies to a slow-cooker. Place the cooked meat on top of the veggies (also pour in any juice on the plate). Add the beef broth, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and molasses. Stir it all together, cover it with the lid, and let it cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Carefully remove the short ribs from the slow cooker and set them on a plate. Using two forks, shred the beef and then return it to the slow cooker. Stir everything together, give it a taste and check for seasoning. Add additional salt and pepper, if needed. Replace the lid to keep all of it warm.
- Scoop some of the shredded short ribs onto a roll. Top with a few slices of provolone cheese and serve.
All photos Courtesy of Haute Mom Living